Re: more ??? for the gurus

To: waterback@worldnet.att.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more ??? for the gurus
From: JRDMF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 15:37:25 EDT
Dave:

Wow!
If you are getting nailed $165.00 just to balance the crank, then you need to
find a new balancer. I had everything done, including the pistons, rods,
crank, flywheel etc. for $140.00. I know our cars are "odd ducks" so to
speak, but hey a crankshaft is a crankshaft. The company I used is called
Electronic balancing, in Wilmington California and I watched him do the crank
in about 15 minutes. Total time on everything was about 2 hours. The
equipment to do the spin balance is pretty expensive, but other than that,
what you are paying for is the labor.

If you are doing a complete overhaul, then do yourself a favor and do not cut
corners here. Take the time to make a few calls, and do some price checks in
your area, I'm sure you can do better. Besides, you will be chasing down
plenty of other rattles and shakes later on, and do you really want to wonder
if you maybe should have spent that extra $150.00 while you were there?

Hope this helps.....Good Luck
Jon
Huntington Beach, Ca
67.5 1600