Re: 67.5 1600

To: James M Koken <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Subject: Re: 67.5 1600
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:28:30 -0500
Mike,

Yes the electrical pressure sender will screw into the threaded
hole on the block.

Of pulling an engine and not the tranny: yes it can be done,
but it is easier to pull the tranny with the motor and use
a "tilt bar" to level the engine out. Don't forget the shifter.
DOH (Homer Simpson forhead slap). Very easy to bend the
pressure plate fingers when you pull just the engine.

Oh, with the radiator out, wiring harness out of the way,
it is easy to unbolt the upper radiator support and have
more room to get the engine out. Uh, at one time my "engine
hoist" was known as the maple tree in the front yard. Later
when I mentioned the "simple way" of getting it out a friend
discovered his radiator support was WELDED in place. Hmm, always
thought they were bolted (who knows what a body shop might have
done).

Cheers,

Tom

James M Koken wrote:

> Hey list,
> I'm presently putting a 69 engine into a 67.5 car. I realized that the 67.5
> car has an electric oil pressure sending unit and gauge and the 69 has a
> mehcanical. Will the stock sending unit fit into the oil hose port on the 69
> engine? Interesting note, the owner was able to pull the engine and NOT the
> tranny on the 67.5 car. I asked him how (since i'd never tried this) and he
> said it just took a little wiggling. Thanks
> Mike Koken
> Colo. Springs CO
>
> ///
> ///