Vinyl top tip: "Scubbing Bubbles"

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Vinyl top tip: "Scubbing Bubbles"
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:19:41 EST
Was out giving the car a real good clean-up this Sunday ( yeah... AFTER the
show sat - better late than never) Boy does parking under a tree really mess
up the interior... anyhoo...  decided to get out the top ( hey it's AZ, been
85* and sunny here, what was that "winter" thing you guys speak of ?!?!?!)
and scrub about  1/4 acre worth of desert off of it.  Two words for ya
"Scrubbing Bubbles". Yup, the bathroom cleaner. Remember the little animated,
"motorized" bubble guys from the commercials ? Oh WOW does that work like a
charm for cleaning the old vinyl top !!! It actually is RED again !!!. I must
say that my 15 y/o Robbins-brand top looks practically new again. That poor
old top has served well--- lived outside most of it's life in the rain/mildew
of WA state, and now 2-1/2 yrs out in the Phoenix sun. I'ts barely faded at
all.

The next thing we did was use "Mop N Glow" on the clear window parts. I can
actually see out them now.   Don't know if it will yellow in the sun, but for
now it looks pretty darned good.   Yeah,,, I know MacGuire's makes all sorts
of these things just for cars, but hey... if hausfrau's have been usuing
these things for 30 years now, there must be something to it !

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC
Chandler, AZ