Allow me to introduce myself

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Allow me to introduce myself
From: Eschcool2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:47:47 EST
Hello all.  I've been a lurker for the past month, enjoying every e-mail I,ve
recieved.  A little background.  My first car ever in high school was a 1968
spl-311.  I purchesed it for 3500.00 in 1981 and was worth every penny. The car
was perfect when I got it. Body, paint, engine. Things about the car I took for
granted were all the extras I want now. Koni shocks, compitition springs, roll
bar, corbeau racing seats, american racing rims, ect. As the years went on I
could not find important parts such as steering box, my worm gear was chiped.
Smog, I was in california. The 5 years I drove that car I never regestered it
because I did'nt have the smog. I just kept going back to DMV and asking for a
6 month extention and they gave it to me every time. The steering became so bad
that I couldn't drive it anymore and it sat and sat. In 1991 I moved here to NJ
and left the car with my brother who could'nt store it anymore and gave it
away. So last month, 20 years later I am the very proud owner of my 1969
SRL311-10
111 2000 Datsun Roadster. Since I live in NJ, I am doing a body off restoration
during the winter and hope to have it on the road when the sun is hot again. I
purchased this car in MD from a great guy whose intention was to restore it as
I am going to.  However his Two little daughters are taking up all his time,
and knew he would never get to it.  He has been collecting parts for 3 years
and now I have two and three of almost everything. When I drove to MD to look
at the car he spent 3 hours showing me every extra part he had and how he got
it. I loved every minute of our conversation. As with him I am noticeing all of
you on this list that participate are of the kindest and friendliest people Ive
seen in quite a while. Did I mention I live in NJ. I am proud to be part of
such company. I do have many questions, however I've said enough for now.
Thanks for your time.

Jeff E.
Rockaway, NJ
69 SRL311-10111