Re: Sid's opinion (diatribe) on the BMW Coupe, Z3 and 350Z

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sid's opinion (diatribe) on the BMW Coupe, Z3 and 350Z
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:37:42 -0500
The Datsun didn't get panned in articles in American mags any more than
other cars. They thought fairly highly of the Roadster in comparision with
like cars. They hated the solid axle and the jumpy handling around turns but
they are pretty on the mark. They said the same abouts Bs, Alpines and other
solid axle cars and some IRSs.

Sure they criticised the Roadster but they do that to almost all cars except
if they are a Ferrari or Porsche or cost more than most people's houses.
Let's face it, for the most part auto writers are snobs - pure and simple.

I love Roadsters but I also like Zs too (had 3). I like sports cars and not
every one has to be a convertible although they are more fun. I think anyone
who enjoys sports cars can appreciate a car whether it has a top or not.
There are a few people in my MG club who believe that the only sports cars
ever built have an octagon on them or a British name. They know nothing
about other kinds of cars and are rather ignorant.

I do believe that the new Z, although not the sexiest car to be made, will
attract many Roadster owners who like the cars for what they are - a sports
car.

Mike

BTW, saw a Z8 tonight on 5th Avenue and that is a true retro car.