Re: read end, archives, gauge problem..

To: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: read end, archives, gauge problem..
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:43:40 -0800 (PST)
Dan writes;
> Fuel gauge stuck on Full, Temp
> gauge intermittent, usually Cold. Seems like somebody once upon a
> time
> mentioned a resistor between the 2 that could fail? Could I get more
> info on it, like WHERE IS IT?! And what's the replacement spec?

 Dan, the only thing I can offer any input on is the Gauges.
Doesn't sound like a "resistor" problem. The "resistor" is an
instrument voltage regulator and is located under the dash just to the
right of the steering column. It is a metal casing about 1x2 inches big
with 2 leads attached.
 I am ruling it out as a suspect because when it gives you problems,
usually the gauges BOTH go dead, you wouldn't have the full gas tank
symptoms.
But who knows, wiggle the connections and see what happens.
Roman
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1