Re: Do you remember your first Datsun Roadster

To: BARTERDUDE@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Do you remember your first Datsun Roadster
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:50:38 -0800 (PST)
Cant beat that, or come even close, but I got my '66
in '77, and while I have never done a frame off, it is
nicer today than it was then, just driving, tweaking &
maintaining her.  Almost our 25th!  I saw my first one
when I was 16 in Winston-Salem NC on Cherry Street
near the Colosium, a Sora Blue 1600 (just like the one
in my garage).  I speculated to my friends that it
must be a German import with a name like DATSUN!  I
really thought that for a couple of years.....I did,
however fall in love that night!

Mike Harper
'66 1600 (Jessie)
'68 2000 (Rodney)
Charleston SC

--- BARTERDUDE@aol.com wrote:
> Got to say I seem to be the senior member of this
> discussion both from when
> we got the FIRST roadster and the year.  Mine was
> only 5 years old (a '64 in
> '69).
>
> Like to see if anyone else goes back this far so we
> can really stroll down
> memory lane.  I have had roadsters now for 33 years.
>  Who is close to this
> area?
>
> Gary Lasater
> founding member www.wycroc.org
> 1963 Single Carb 1500 Fairlady SPL310-00289B
> newest addition 1969 SRL 2000 - SRL311-12536
> 1970 1600 - SPL311-28169 (one of the last of the
> group)
> Parker CO 80134

> ///  Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
>  or go to