Re: Roadster Grounding and Frame Removal Questions

To: mad@madgrizzle.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster Grounding and Frame Removal Questions
From: Bspark47@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:00:54 EST
In a message dated 1/14/02 8:23:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mad@madgrizzle.com writes:

<<  The battery, however, had negative
 connected to the red (ground) and positive to the black (hot).  I have yet
 dared to try to even start the car unless I am sure that the wire colors
 are just backwards.  One would think red would be hot either way.

Wire colors are just wire colors. We usually associate red with B+ (or "hot"
as many people refer to it) but there is no reason why this should
necessarily the case. Your clue is the (-) terminal of the battery which
connects directly to frame, making it a negative ground (or negative common,
or even negative earth as the Brits say).

I can't see why a starter motor would care either way.

Bill