Re: Follow-up Battery Question

To: "John Hogan" <mad@madgrizzle.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Follow-up Battery Question
From: "Pre-Zee" <Pre_Z@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 06:17:43 -0800
I had an '83 Supra that died on me one day.  AAA came & gave me a jump
start, but they hooked the car up backwards (reverse polarity).

The only damage was that the radio & antenna motor were shot.  The darn
radio would not turn off & the antenna would not go up!  It was one of those
all electronic radios & it wouldn't turn off, but the volume could still be
turned down to zero & the tape player worked.  The battery, well that was
shot anyway so no problem there.  Actually, I may have had a trip computer
that got died too.

In a non electronics / circuit boards car I would think all will be fine.
Sounds like your battery is gone anyway.

George M