First Datsun roadster He/she?

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: First Datsun roadster He/she?
From: David & Candy Pina <casalp@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:33:23 -0800
My first Datsun roadster is Sadie. After I completed the Competion
course at Bondurant School Of HPD in '74, I went looking for a race car.
I looked at a few Mustangs and Triumphs. Then I saw an add in Autoweek
for a DP Datsun roadster, for $3,500.00 . I went to F.A.R. Performance,
to check it out, having never seen a Datsun roadster before. It looked
like it hadn't been run for a while, very dirty, cob webs, four flat
tires, and a dead battery. After talking with the Service Manager, Ed
LaMantia about it for a while, I put  a $500.00 deposit down. I  sold my
Suzuki dirt bike and got a loan for the rest of the balance. I called it
Derrick Datsun at first, he seemed very fast but was unreliable,
wouldn't finish a race, or even start a race some times. In '78 I
thought maybe he was a she, changed her name to Sadie, 'cause she seems
so sexy, and took my first class win. She took me to the S.F.DP regional
title with four more first in class finishes. SRL31100701 is a SHE.
David Pina