RE: Terminal U20?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Terminal U20?
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 21:01:29 -0700
Let's just say I wouldn't advise driving it anywhere!

You shouldn't see zero oil pressure from a dropped valve. You may have spun a
bearing. Drop the oil pan and start pulling bearing caps.

If the valve is hanging down but everything looks normal on top of the head, it
may have lost the keepers on that valve. This would mean that the valve springs
for that valve are not being retained by anything other than the rocker arm -
watch yourself! Those springs have about 100 lbs pressure on them when the valve
is closed. If you turn the engine over and they pop out from under the rocker
arm, don't be in the way!

It's also possible that the pressure relief valve in the oil pump stuck open,
although I'd say that's really unlikely.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA