Re: Shock Installation questions...help needed

To: dstotah@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shock Installation questions...help needed
From: "Pat Mahoney" <dynaguy54@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 12:58:43 -0700
David,  I've been a bolt salesman for 25 yrs.  The old standby spring-type
lock washer does not provide much locking protection.  In fact, it is not
recognized by many of the safety and engineering bodies as an approved
locking device.  In an application as critical as suspension or frame
mounting I would recommend going back to what the manufacture used,ie: the
self locking nut.  As a rule these nuts should not be reused (sounds like a
bolt salesman talking) as their holding strength is reduced with each reuse.
  Hope this helps,   Pat  '69 SRL