SoCalROC Picnic this Saturday!

To: kunikohigaki@msn.com, lauryv@MTA.NET, lcbrannen@hotmail.com,
Subject: SoCalROC Picnic this Saturday!
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:58:02 -0700
Hello Rockers,

I hope everyone is planning on coming to the SoCalROC picnic this Saturday
at El Dorado Regional Park. It promises to be a great time with food, fun
and of course the cars! Shari and I will be there in my 1964 1500 and we
look forward to seeing everyone.

There will be plenty of barbecue space and I will be bringing the charcoal
along with chicken and some drinks. Pam Bauman is bringing desert but we
could always use more. So bring food, paper plates, cups and plastic
cutlery. The more the merrier! It should be a great day but I would
recommend sun block. Bring some outdoors games and we will have fun.

Shari and I are planning to arrive early to stake out our spot at the park
but everyone should plan to arrive anytime after 10:00 AM. All are welcome.

To get there is different depending on if you are coming from the South or
the North.

>From the North:

Take any freeway to the I-605 South. Exit Spring St. and stay to the right
on the off ramp. The ramp will place you on Spring St. heading West. Look
for the entrance to the park right away (stop light). Turn right into the
park. Pay your 5.00 at the booth and right after turn right at the "T"
intersection. Keep going and look for roadsters on your right. Bring Food!

>From the South:

Take the I-405 to the I-605 North. Exit Willow St. and keep to the LEFT on
the off ramp. This will enter you into a helix turn and drop you on Willow
St. heading West. Go to Studebaker Rd. and turn right. Take Studebaker Rd.
to Spring St. and turn right. Look for the Entrance to the park (stop light)
and turn left into the park. Pay your 5.00 at the booth and right after turn
right at the "T" intersection. Keep going and look for roadsters on your
right. Bring Drink!

Hope to see everyone there. Looking forward to seeing old friends and
meeting new ones.

See you there!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC