back t square one - electrical

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: back t square one - electrical
From: "Datsun_Sports" <Datsun_Sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:51:39 -0700
I installed the 311s.com alt mod. went in  great. tried to start car and
would not do so. I charged the battery using my truck. car started and ran
for a few seconds but would not stay running. nothing to do with the alt
mod. this is what the car was doing before. it will run fine if I run a
jumper from the + on the batter to the coil. if I don't it does not seem to
get any spark at all. not even at the coil. not sure why it will try to run
the first few times without the jumper and then wont even get spark. oh
well....time to eat! could be worse.........

anyone care to venture as to why no spark exists? problems to look
for......the starter kicks it over like a champ now with the new battery
cables.

thx for all the help!

mike