cleaning bolts

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: cleaning bolts
From: Russ & Lee <rulee@motion.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 21:24:23 -0500
I finished dissasembling one of my 69 2000, kept the good parts hauled
off the bad,
the frame was damaged in the front, and the top of the X member was
caved in, since it diidn't have the original eng I figure the eng end
trans were pushed back annd down into the frame.
with so much damage I cut it up and hauled it off. (I would have
repaired  but I do have a spare.
today I took all my spare roadster botls screws and fasteners and soaked
them in an acid based
toiletbowl cleaner for a couple hours, dumped in a bow of baking soda
rinsed the all of the spread
them in the sun to dry.after drying I sprayed the all with PB Blaster
penetrating oil.
now I have plenty of useable clean spares.
Russ Southwell 70 1600