Re: carb adjustment and loud babies

To: "mike datsunman" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: carb adjustment and loud babies
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 10:22:32 -0400
Per Navy noise regulations, 85dB or greater is the
threshold for single hearing protection!  Better get a
supply of "yellow foamies" for use while in proximity to
the noise source......

As far as the carbs, if they worked well until you screwed on
the filter baseplate, I would second the recommendation
below, that the base plate or gasket is covering up
something.  You can make a useable gasket out of
rubber sheet, maybe the old one is mushed out bigger
than its supposed to be and the frazzled edges are  blocking
some sort of small vacuum port or something.

I have the stock filter on 240Z carbs, and had to cut out
pieces of the metal filter base, and make a new bigger gasket
to get the 1600 filter assembly to fit.  Maybe some P.O. did
a carb swap and never sorted out the "adjustments"
??

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake Va