heater pipe and shield

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: heater pipe and shield
From: "Mike" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:06:29 -0700
hi,

I pulled the water pipe and heat shield that runs behind the carbs on my
early 67. the pipe has a "Y" at one end. a PO seems to have cut one of the
ends off where the hose would slip over. you know the end part that is a
little wider in diameter than the rest of the pipe. so I need a good source
for one in good condition. I also need a shield that is in good condition.
the one I pulled off has a split in the metal where one of the bolts goes
that holds it to the intake. if you have any of these for sale please let me
know!

is it possible, or even wise, just to run heater hose from the filler neck,
behind the carbs and heat shield to the valve and just put some king of "Y"
in place?

thx,

mike