New Roadster Found

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Roadster Found
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 06:45:46 -0400
On my way to the Glen I stopped for a pit stop on Route 17 in NY. An older
gentleman walked over to my car and asked me if it was a Datsun Roadster and
I told him it was.

He went on to tell me that he bought a new one in the late 60s - a 2000. He
last used his car 15 years ago when he went on a trip to Ohio and broke down
because of a bad water pump and had to wait 3 days to get a new one
installed and never used it again (Unfortunately he didn't know about Rising
Sun which was then based in OH and owned by Pam and Scott Scheeler).

He still has it sitting in his garage with the original tires still mounted
on it and 18,000 miles on the clock. I will go to look at it in a few weeks
and hope that it's in good shape.

BTW, the man was 82 and looked like he was a lot younger.

Mike