Re: reverse switch

To: Ed Wilsey <Kensington_FC@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: reverse switch
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:01:06 -0500 (CDT)
Early roadsters had one switch on the trans, and at least '70s had two.
The reverse light switch should be basically an open circuit normally that
should drop to zero when activated. I believe that out of the ar, without
presing the switch in, it should be open. Megohms is fine. Press the
plunger in and the resistance should drop to zero.

Oh, the second switch on the '70 roadsters if for smog control stuff on
the engine. I seem to recall that it changes the ignition timing when you
are in high gear, but that may not be correct.

 Peace,
Pat
67.5 1600 with one switch

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA