Re: OT - Volvo 145

To: roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT - Volvo 145
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:33:26 +0200
My first car was a red 69 142. Basically the
240 is an updated 140. Big differences are
front suspension and OHC engine. Bosch
D-Jetronic came for model year 1971 for GL
and E models. Power steering was optional.
Big bumpers, Bosch K-Jetronic and relocated
fuel tank for 1974 (Last year). Rust have
exterminated 98% of them in Sweden. 142
GL 1973-74 with manual transmission are
collectors cars. About the wagon, we had a
145 Express with raised roof from behind the
front seats. B18/B20 engines leak oil from
front and rear crank seals unless they have
been converted to Penta Marine seal type.

Thomas