Floor jack ignorance

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Floor jack ignorance
From: "Daniel" <daniel@nowroc.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:28:30 GMT
I have a Sears 2ton floor jack.  It worked great to lift both the roadster and
dime wagon for their clutch jobs recently.

Last night it would not lift any weight.  It would pump up and lift then stop
when it came to lifting any weight.  I know that it is not the handle, as I
turned incorrectly.

It is about a year old and has had a tiny amount of fluid leakage.  Do I need
to refill some reserve?  I do not have the owner's manual handy.  There is one
screw on the body that could be a fill hole.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Daniel @ NOWROC