Re: Paint Code Web Page

To: Michael Spreadbury <michaelspreadbury@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Paint Code Web Page
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:51:04 +0200
I got some color mixed at the local paintshop.
Nissan TV2 is a 3-layer paint. First there's a
blue metallic as base, then a transparent blue
and on top, a clearcoat. The guy mixing the
samples for me said he didn't think he could
do a good paintjob with TV2 because of the
transparent blue. Too little and it will be dark
blue metallic and too much of it and it would
be almost solid blue. The other alternative
was Ford Imperial blue pearl (#500) which
is somewhat transparent too. By using a
black base coat it will be darker than if
a white coat is used. It was a lot easier
in the past.

Thomas