Turn signal won't work

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turn signal won't work
From: matthew peterson <pete_303@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:51:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with my turn signal.  It all started when I broke the
little board in two that the wires are soldered onto on the turn switch on the
stearing column.  It has three wires soldered onto it on one side and the other
side has a toggle like a teeter-toter. (sorry don't know how else to describe
it!)  The turn signal lever pushes this (teeter-toter) toggle to make the
contacts.

Well, it worked before I broke it and it worked right after I broke it even
though it was in two pieces.  Then I glued it together again and now it won't
work!  The soldered connections are still good and I can't figure out why it
all of a sudden stoped working.

My question is could the turn signal flasher relay (the cylinder that makes the
light flash) have gone bad?  It seems like a big coincidence to me but I can't
think of what else it might be.  Is there anyway I can test it?  What else
could be causing it?  The hi beams work.  I don't know about the horn as it
hasn't worked since I got the car.

Thanks for any advice,

Matt Peterson
'68 1600 (L20b powered)