Re: 5 speed transmission swap

To: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 5 speed transmission swap
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 00:41:51 -0700
John,

I'm using a 90 adapter on my 5spd/2000 conversion in my 1966. Just as Mike
says, I had to make some clearance on the tranny tunnel and use the 90
adapter to keep the trans from banging on the tunnel and for enough
clearance for the cable. Instead of just banging out the tunnel, I opened
the sheet metal and made a plate to seal the opening. In addition, I dropped
the tranny support bracket to the lower set of frame-holes and sliced off
the bottom half of the support bracket.

Fred Katz - So.SF
roadster@rcn.com
www.badroc.com