My Fairlady.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: My Fairlady.
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:16:57 +0930
Hi to everybody on the list.
I recently purchased a 1965 SP310 1500 engine no. G-93326, car no.
SP310-10317.
Car was last registered in 1979. Driven by an elderly couple from
Victoria to Queensland and engine overheated.
Has been in storage since then, 22 years!
Engine teardown gave proof of blown headgasket, sump and oil filter
were still full of the dreaded 'milk coffee' deposit.
Four siezed pistons freed up with a gentle tap on the rod with a
hardwood percussion instrument.
EVERTHING is there, so I will be restoring her to near new condition.
I don't have any pics on the net. but if any one wants to see her,
email and I will send pics.
She will be well and truly finished and cruising by 2005, her 40th
birthday!
I appreciate the info. that is posted on this forum, and wish you all
well from Oz.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under restoration.