Re: Shimmy in the Steering Wheel

To: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>,
Subject: Re: Shimmy in the Steering Wheel
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 06:21:50 -0400
And let's not forget bent rims or out of round tires. I had both at one time
or another on cars.

My slightly bent rim would start to shimmy at about 60 or so. Same with a
set of Pirellis I had on a 240 that had ou of round tires but at a higher
speed.

I do believe shot shocks can also cause a shimmy especially depending on the
road surface.

Mike