Re: filter availability for solex carbs

To: D.Cohen@hp.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: filter availability for solex carbs
From: SLBESQ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:19:14 EDT
In a message dated 9/26/02 3:50:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time, D.Cohen@hp.com
writes:

> Hi all,
>    Anyone have a recommendation for an available air filter which is
> compatible with the solex carbs and will also fit the stock air horns?
> ITG is no longer available in the states.
>
> Regards,
> David Cohen
> 510-354-4005

as far as i know, the ITGs are still available.  i bought one for my car
(67.5 with H20 and twin 44 PHHs) about 4 months or so ago.  coast
fabrication, somewhere in orange county if memory serves.  they had the
filters that TWM once sold.  i did buy the backing plate from TWM.

i then had to modify the filter to fit by the brake M/C.  it's on now and
seems to have made the carbs work better (less backfiring when i lift or try
to hold it steady at low RPMs).

67.5MIZU