Re: Fw: 1600 temperature sensor

To: "Joe Jackson" <rimshot@a-znet.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: 1600 temperature sensor
From: snyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:51:22 -0500
At 10:04 AM -0400 9/27/02, Joe Jackson wrote:
> [...]
Welcome Joe!  I was in the same spot this time last year. I soaked it
in penetrating  oil for about a week (I've recently discovered PB
Blaster as a superior alternative to Liquid Wrench).  It wouldn't
budge!  THis was on a 70 1600 but it should be about the same.
Aluminum head, right?  Anyway, out of desparation I put a set pf
needlenose vice grips on as much of the tapered neck of the sending
unit as I could grab, and ended up tapping on the vice-grips with a
small (8 oz)  hammer to tap it out.  It worked, but I may have been
lucky.

Marc T.
70 1600
65 320 truck (spread over 1/2 acre)