Re: Rubbing rear brake

To: "Steven Harvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: Rubbing rear brake
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:44:05 -0400
Steve,

It gets me nervous to hear the PO 'rebuilt' the rear cylinders. Aluminum
cylinders can't be rebuilt unless they were resleeved or anodized again.

Rip apart the cylinders to make sure he just didn't hone them. If he did
either get them resleeved or buy new ones. This is imperative to your life
and limb not to mention your car!!!!

As someone asked me this weekend - 'Why do they sell rebuild kits if you
can't rebuild them w/o sleeving or reanodizing?' A Good question and a
warning should be packed with each kit mentioning the above.

Mike