RE: engine cutting out

To: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: engine cutting out
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:10:16 -0700
Another problem I've seen is the braid covered ground wire inside the
distributor.  This wire can have a solid braided cover but a bad wire
inside and will make intermittent contact.  I found this by jiggling the
wire with the ignition on and the points fired each time I wiggled the wire.

At 09:02 PM 9/30/2002 -0700, Paul Bauman wrote:
>Craig:
>
>I second Victor's theory. My 67 would sputter, flutter and sometimes die,
>seemingly for no reason, until I was jiggling wires in frustration one day
>and found that spade connector on the distributor loose. Squeezed er down
>and prob went away.
>
>Paul Bauman

Adam Bradley
'70 Datsun 1600 Roadster SPL311-28181