bolt list as text

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: bolt list as text
From: "Tim Waltz" <printner@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:39:09 -0600
(I formatted the first one in Rich Text, and it converted a little messy.)

Here's a list of bolt sizes for the front end, as best as I can tell
(quantities are enough to do both sides):

Lengths refer to the bolt shaft, threaded or unthreaded, not including the
head.

Lower Ball Joint (8 total with--my nuts were Nylock shaped with no nylon)

5/16-24 x 2"

Lower A-Arm (8 total with lock washers and standard nuts--bolts to
suspension x-member)

3/8"-24 x 1 5/16" (closest I could find was 1 1/2")
approx 5/8" unthreaded

Steering box and Idler box (6 total--2 with star lock washer, 4 with regular
lock washers and nuts

3/8"-24 x 1 1/2"
approx 3/8" unthreaded

Lower A-arm coil spring "triangle" seat (8 total--8 lock washers, 4 nuts)
3/8"-24 x 3/4"
completely threaded

Upper A-arm (4 total with internal star lock washers)

7/16-20 x 1 9/16"  (1 1/2" was as close as I could find)
approx 3/8" unthreaded

2" bolt will fit with a Nylock nut on backside (I tried it)

Upper Ball joint (8 total)

5/16-24 x 3/4"
(actual bolt I removed had approx 5/8" length, but 3/4" should not
interfere)

Front Swaybar (4 total with lock washers)

1/4"-28 x 3/4"
(actual bolt I removed had approx 5/8" length, but 3/4" should not
interfere)

Lower A-arm shock mount circle (6 total with lock washers)

1/4"-28 x 3/4"
(actual bolt I removed had approx 5/8" length, but 3/4" should not
interfere)

Caliper mount bolts (4 total with lock washers)

1/2"-20 x 1 3/16"
approx 5/8" unthreaded

Spindle to Knuckle Arm (4 total)

3/8"-24 x 2"