Darn it

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Darn it
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 22:21:01 -0500
DARN IT! DARN IT! DARN IT! DARN IT!
(to get the full effect, repeat that in a Herman Munster voice)

I have been to the Turkey Rod Run (and the Spring Rod Run) every time for
the past 10 or 12 years except for when my Daughter was a new baby and this
past event.  TWICE out of 20 or 24 times I have gone.  I think that I may
have seen a Roadster there one time.  The time that I miss it, and Lenny
Sprague goes and finds not one, but TWO of them there!  Oh the humanity!!!
It was bad enough missing out on the Pork Chop Sandwich, but to have missed
the chance to 1) meet a fellow SEROCer and 2) see two live running Roadsters
again is almost too much to bear!!  All this because I was feeling puny, all
of the locals bailed on me and the &^%$#@ AC unit in the house fails the
night before.  It just isn't fair I tell ya.

I went to Lenny's website from the link that was on his post and am enjoying
the pics now.  Thanks Lenny - it looks like we have similar tastes in cars.
Maybe some other day I can meet you.  Tell us, is that your significant
other that keeps showing up in the pics, or do we need to worry about you
being a stalker.....(Just kidding!)

DARN IT! DARN IT! DARN IT! DARN IT!
(Herman again)

Now I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get my Roadster back on the road.....

(any donations of time, money, parts, sympathy, encouragement, 2lb Pork
Chops, Datsun inspired poetry, etc. to help get this thing going are gladly
accepted!!)

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060