RE: How do I remove the turn signal switch?

To: "'Adam Bradley'" <ambradley@attbi.com>,
Subject: RE: How do I remove the turn signal switch?
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:20:39 +1030
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Adam
Bradley
Sent: Tuesday, 31 December 2002 1:26 PM
To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: How do I remove the turn signal switch?

Adam, once you have the 1/2 circle bracket removed, you need to
disengage a small pin that fits into the steering column tube.
You can do that by gently tapping the indicator assembly hub on the
opposite side of the stalk.
The pin is pressed into the hub piece that remains in contact with the
column.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
Adelaide, South Australia.

Ok, I confirmed that the white/red wire has broken loose from the turn
signal switch.  How do I get the turn signal switch off the steering
column???  I removed the bracket that is held on by two screws, but
that
didn't seem to do anything.  Anyone have the procedures?

Adam Bradley
'70 Datsun 1600 Roadster SPL311-28181
'67 Datsun RL411 SSS sedan RL411-11321
'66 Datsun PL411 sedan PL411-022447