Fuel sender (VDO)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel sender (VDO)
From: "Conley Phillips" <lonestar@cmc.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:09:29 -0800
Hi Listers --

Okay, I'm starting to get serious about this gauge thing... I am close to
having the under-dash issues sorted out and will soon have the dash
ready to go back in. Obviously, I need to have the gauges in hand and
ready to mount before final install of the dash.

I've decided on VDO gauges (past good experiences) but I'm needing
some information about the fuel sender units before I place my order. Are
the mounting plates of fuel sender units standardized to a size? Are they
all the same diameter?  That seems like TOO much to hope for, but I
never see any dimensions listed for senders other than the depth of the
tank. Has anyone installed a VDO fuel gauge/sender combination in a
Roadster?

-- lonestar