Going racing

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Going racing
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 21:07:50 -0600
I got Tetanus to fire up after a good battery charging and moving the
distributor drive gear over one tooth :)  It is really hard to get the oil
pump drive lined up when you take the gear out.  I finally turned the crank
with a breaker bar until the drive gear dropped into the oil pump.  I spent
all day running the motor.  I adjusted the valves and changed the oil.  I was
lucky and found an army surplus place in Lawton, OK called Surplus city.  They
had a big table covered with oil and air filters for $ 0.99 each.  There were
at least 20 Roadster filters there. I think they were STP #2854.  The car is
loaded and ready to go to Houston for the National Tour autocross.  The last
time I went to an autocross in Houston I spun a rod bearing.  Hopefully this
motor will hold together.  I hope to see some roadster people at the event.
http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/2003/houston/index.html
Here is a link to the event in case anyone wants to keep tabs on the action.

I just got word today that my new car "Bucephalus" has been painted  a
brilliant shade of Kuboda Orange and will be coming home soon.  Happy Day!

Later,

Andy