Parking lights/turn signal problems (showing signs of life but,

To: "Matt Jacquet" <matt@vander-bend.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parking lights/turn signal problems (showing signs of life but,
From: "Matt Jacquet" <matt@vander-bend.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:08:09 -0700
Update 4/16

Thanks to all that responded and yes the front parking light assemblies
needed better grounding!!
Unfortunately that alone has not completely solved the problems..

here's what we have now,

With parking lights on I get this:
Front parking lights both glow normal (smaller element has current)
Rear passenger lower glows normal
Rear passenger upper glows BRIGHT (the larger of the 2 elements has current
causing a brighter light)
Rear driver both glow normal
Brake lights both work when actuated
Turn signal and emergency flashers still non operative

It's possible I have install incorrect bulbs in the incorrect locations. If
any can send a list of bulb type and location I would be very grateful!!

Thanks again for the help!

Hey List,

Help! My 68 1600 has returned from the body shop with a great new coat of
666 paint and bad case of funky parking light/turn signal disease.

What I have done:
Removed the front parking light assemblies prior to paint.
Reinstalled them using the wiring diagram from the manual.
Rear tail light stayed install.

Symptoms:
No turn signal front or rear
No emergency flashers front or rear
Driver side rear upper and lower glow dim
Passenger side lower glows dim but upper glows bright

This system work as design before I disassembled the front assemblies.

If you have anything to share please do so!
Much thanks!
Matt