it's engine pulling time!

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: it's engine pulling time!
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:19:12 -0700
Mark and I got the engine and transmission out of the beast today without
incident. Only took a couple hours. I don't like the sound of that--I'm
getting too good at pulling engines...

Anyway, nothing seemed out of the ordinary to me when I pulled the
inspection cover. No chunks of metal or parts fell out. It's almost like the
shifter is not connected to to the shift rods. You stir the shifter around
and only one of the shift rods move and only a little, and there's tons of
slop in the shift movement fore and aft.

Guess it's time to pull the tailshaft apart again.

Thanks to all for their tech support input and offers of parts. I'll post
again on Monday after we find out what went wrong.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600