Roadster water-resistance test results

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster water-resistance test results
From: "Eric" <egustavson@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:34:43 +1000
I'm surfacing from silent mode to pass along an observation about the
fantastic water-resistance of Datsun roadsters.

At around 40mph with the top down, rain will start to flow over the
passenger area rather than upon it, and especially if the original headrests
are in place, windows up and visors horizontal, little rain actually falls
on the passengers.

At 55-65mph it is possible, in reasonable comfort and dryness, to drive into
the most heavy, panel-thumping, road-bouncing pounding pouring rain that you
can ever get and still be on land.

This is from my experiences yesterday at Tully, the Wettest Place In
Australia, usual winner of the annual Golden Gumboot award.  We did a
500-mile return trip to Mt Garnet to take the rear bumper (roadster
attached) to the chrome-plater, and had to go through Tully twice in the
day.  Tully has had over 2 feet of rain this week ...

My most rigorous test yet of what it takes to keep the top down on a
Datsun - in this case, keep moving otherwise you're stuffed.  It was a gas.

regards
Eric in Townsville
SP311-06003 rhd 70 1600 (this one)
SRL311-00183 lhd 67 2000