RE: 65 1500 questions

To: "'James M Koken'" <james.m.koken@gte.net>,
Subject: RE: 65 1500 questions
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:57:10 +0930
Hi Mike,
1.      I completely dissembled my '65 1500 and have all the dash gauges in
a shoebox.
I don't remember finding voltage regulator any where behind the dash,
I don't think they use one.
As you know this model had individual gauges for everthing and the
loom justs plugs into each gauge.
The factory manual is no help either.
The wiring diag. refers to a "combination gauge" which is not what the
'65 1500 was fitted with.
Are all the gauges flutuating in unison or what?
2.      I did the opposite to you, I spent some minutes trying to UNDO that
cam adjuster so I could get it plated. DOH!
Can't help there, maybe someone out there has a spare backing
plate????
Failing that, take all the bits to a welding shop and they may just be
able to fix him up.
I know I could but I'm on the opposite side of our current planet.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 PL510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
www.imagestation.com/mypictures/index.html
Adelaide, South Australia.