68 2000 ignition switch problem

To: Datsun-Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 68 2000 ignition switch problem
From: robbieharrison@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:35:07 -0400
Help! Finally getting my 68 2000 out of the garage after the long
Connecticut winter. Charged the battery, changed the oil, checked the
antifreeze, and she fired right up yesterday. Today I went out to take
my first ride of the year, and she quits as soon as I let go of the key.
Is there a way to check the switch without removing it from the car? Or
should I be looking elsewhere for the problem?

On a brighter note, I got the 67 1600 going today, and she seems to be
quite happy to get out from under the car cover and go.

Robbie Harrison
'68 2000 that doesn't want to go
'67 1600 that does
2 more 2000s and 1 more 1600 to keep the other two alive