67 1600 carb overflow

To: Datsun-Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 67 1600 carb overflow
From: robbieharrison@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:45:36 -0400
Looks like I spoke too soon about my 1600 being ready to go. Turns out
the front carb is spewing gas out the overflow tube. I've looked in the
shop manual and it mentions the float and needle valve as sources of the
problem. Any advice on what to look for first would be greatly
appreciated. I've never had the carbs apart before, so simple
instructions and/or links to pictures would be a big help.

Thanks to all who responded to my previous inquiry about the ignition
switch. I'll try replacing the ballast resistor first, and if that
doesn't fix it I guess I'll have to pull a switch out of a parts car.

Robbie Harrison
68 2000
67 1600
3 more for parts