RE: Seats and Leaks

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Seats and Leaks
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 10:07:59 -0600
Fri, 30 May 2003,
(dang, the digests are running beehind!)

Mike Davenport asked:
 >  Thinking about changing out seats.  I know I've seen someone out
 >there who used some old 240Z seats (which looked nice).  Local
 >junkyard has a pair of 260Z seats that I think I can get for a good
 >price.  Has anyone used/know about using 260Z seats in roadsters?

I believe Brian Hollands is right that 260Z seats are too high.  I
looked at them and it seemed like they're bracketed differently
(HIGHER) than the 240Z's. And 240Z's are marginal; I removed all the
spacers in mine, and a 'good' seat is still too high (if you're 6'2"
anyway). I found a nicely trashed driver's seat that sags just right
for me.

dan neff     '69 2000
colorado springs,  co
http://www.wycroc.org