Re: Spark? now Mud-Daubers!

To: "Marc Tyler" <marc@animalfirm.com>
Subject: Re: Spark? now Mud-Daubers!
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster2@texoma.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:29:14 -0500
>I guess this forced a flooding situation.

Absolutely!  The float chambers are vented to maintain  atmospheric
pressure.  The fuel is drafted into the carb by way of the vacuum generated.
If the overflow becomes plugged fuel is forced into the carb at a vastly
greater amount than needed.

I can't comment on other parts of the country but in Texas mud daubers can
be a real PIA!  As Marc stated no hole is safe from their nesting habits. I
once had a weed eater that wouldn't start.  I spent several frustrating
hours trying to get it started.  I finally discovered that the muffler was
packed with bugs and mud compliments of a mud dauber!

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359