2000 cylinder head thickness

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 2000 cylinder head thickness
From: JOver4X4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 15:40:06 EDT
List,

I recently purchased a 68 2000.  I have the carbs/manifold removed for a
rebuild and header install.  I am diagnosing a noisy timing chain.  The upper
tensioner is showing only very slight wear.  The cam towers are shimmed .040".
know the head on my car has been milled at least .070" by comparison to the 2
spare heads I have in the garage.  I think I have found the problem and can
use the spare head(s), but would like to know if they have been milled as well.

Does anyone know the original cylinder head thickness of the 2L head??  I saw
this spec on some web page a week ago but cannot relocate it.

Thanks in advance.

John Over
Aurora, CO
68 2000