headlight, fuse blowing problem, need help!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: headlight, fuse blowing problem, need help!
From: Mtbdavid2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 21:39:34 EDT
Hi all,
  I have a new problem I can't figure out which started last night.
Everytime I put the headlights on the 30amp fuse blows.  I can turn on the
running/day
lights but as soon as I pull the headlight switch all the way out to put the
headlights on, the fuse blows. I recently replaced the fuse box with a brand
new unit.  Everything was working perfectly.  The problem started yesterday
after I washed the car and I also pulled the fuel lines off my carbs which
flowed
a bit of fuel down my fire wall.  I have traced all the wires in the car and
don't see anything grounding out or unplugged.  If the headlight relay switch
went bad or one of my headlights got wet could this be causing the fuse to
blow?  The rest of the electrics work and this is the only fuse that blows.  I
assume if had a grounding problem the running lights wouldn't work either.  Any
ideas where I should check?  I would greatly appreciate any advise.
Thanks,
David