Racing roadsters at MidOhio

To: "East Coast Datsun List" <datsunroadsters@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Racing roadsters at MidOhio
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 07:00:44 -0400
  And for those of you new to the list that don't recognize Tom 'Iron Butt'
Phalen's name, a few years back, he drove his 1968 2000 from Long Island, NY
out to Classic Datsun Motorsports in California.  There he tore it apart to
the last bolt and rebuilt it.  The next summer, he drove back out to
California and home to NY again, thus earning the title "Iron Butt".  Tom
has been a roadster fan since he bought his 2000 brand new back in '68.  I
think it was 1997 that he got talked into coming to MidOhio's Vintage GP to
join OROC and to cover the event for Classic Z magazine.  Those of us that
were there that Sunday for 'parade' laps, will never forget the huge grin on
Tom's face as he got out of his car.  His only words were, "I've got to get
a race car and do this some more!".  Now he returns to MidOhio, with his
Vintage 2000 race car, to try the track again.  This time at a bit more
speed!
  So if you can make it, June 21 - 22, make sure you look him up in the
paddocks to say Hi!.  And watch for his beautifully prepared white with dark
red striped roadster out on the track!  Should be a great weekend!
    http://www.MidOhio.com for information, or write and ask me your
questions.

Paul Kort
1969 1600