Re: Stumbling Engine Problem Found

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stumbling Engine Problem Found
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:34:06 -0500
>datsunmike:

> IMPORTANT: Make sure the screw is the same length. If it is longer it will
> contact the arm that holds the advance springs. Don't ask how I know :(
>
> FWIW, Mallory dual point dizzy condensors have been known to cause the same
> problem as the antirust coatings were put on too thickly and ground wasn't
> being made.
>
> I shoulda put 2 + 2 together for your symptoms.

It helps to use a "star" washer between the mounting tab on the condenser
and the dizzy body. This can improve the connection a bit. You can then dab
paint across the screw head and onto the dizzy body to help keep the crew
from working loose again, too.

FWIW,
Ron
(Watching Le Mans on the Speed Channel)