RE: elec fuel pumps and fuel pressure reg.

To: "'Daniel Neuman'" <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: RE: elec fuel pumps and fuel pressure reg.
From: Graeme Suckling <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:09:08 +0930
Hi Dan,
if the pump is not self priming you will need to mount it low to allow
the fuel to gravity feed to the pump.
If it is self priming, I suggest mounting it adjacent the fuel outlet
on the tank up high and well protected.
You may need to use a foam cushion between the pump and the bracket to
avoid vibration and noise transfer.
I would advise using a filter before and after the pump, it will
protect the innards and prolong the life of the pump.
The after filter can be in the engine bay as per factory, or wherever,
but make it convenient to get to.
Same with the pressure regulator.
Electrically, the oil pressure cutoff that has been suggested is an
excellent idea, you don't want fuel being pumped just based on the
ignition switch status.
Make sure the pump is driven by a fused source and via a relay.
I'd be surprised if the units don't have fitting instructions enclosed
when you get them.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 PL510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
www.imagestation.com/mypictures/index.html
Adelaide, South Australia.