Backfire and sputters

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Backfire and sputters
From: "Eddie Sawyer" <esawyer@vansd.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:12:57 -0700
Hi folks,
I'm trying not to be too needy on the list yet since i'm only on my 3rd
week of owning a roadster, but here goes.
My 68' 1600 is really cold blooded. If the temp guage isn't about half
way up then I get a lot of backfires and sputters. If I let it sit for 2
or 3 hours then I have to wait about 5 minutes for it to get warm enough
to run smooth. Any suggestions? New AB valve perhaps?

Thanks
Ed
68' 1600

P.S. Does anyone on the list drive a red roadster on the west-side of
*Vancouver, Washington. I've caught glimpses of it twice, but not
good enough for any details. Looks sweet.