Re: Thermostat Question & running hot

To: cbrucciani@archinsurance.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thermostat Question & running hot
From: Tomet9@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:23:00 EDT
Chris,

   When I first acquired my roadster, I noticed very long warm up periods and
stumbling constantly for weeks till I looked into the cooling system and
found that the PO had left the damn thermostat out. Oil needs to be at it's
normal
operating temp and too much cooling will adversely affect that. Maybe you can
try some other thermostats that open earlier at a lower temp. Make sure your
timing is set proper and that your carbs are running on the richer side than
lean.

                             Tom